At the Network step of the wizard, you can select to which Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) the target EC2 instance must be connected. You can also specify a subnet, and a security group — a virtual firewall for the target instance. For more information on Amazon VPC, see the AWS Documentation.
To define network settings for the target instance, do the following:
- From the Amazon VPC list, select the Amazon VPC where the target instance will be launched.
- From the Subnet list, select the subnet for the target instance.
- From the Security group list, select a security group that will be associated with your target instance.
- From the Public IP address list, select one of the following:
- Assign (restored VM will be accessible from the Internet) — if you want to assign a public IP to the target instance. For security reasons, make sure traffic filtration rules are properly configured in the security group.
- Do not assign (more secure) — if you do not want to assign a public IP.
- Click OK.