If you want to delete records about backups from the Veeam Backup & Replication console and configuration database and, additionally, delete backup files from the backup repository, you can use the Delete from disk operation.
Mind the following:
- Do not delete backup files from the backup repository manually. Use the Delete from disk option instead. If you delete backup files manually, subsequent backup or replication job sessions will fail.
- The Delete from disk operation can be performed for the whole backup or for separate VMs in the backup.
To delete backup files from the backup repository:
- Open the Backup & Replication view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backups or Replicas.
- In the working area, select the backup or separate VM in the backup and click Remove from > Disk on the ribbon. You can also right-click the backup and select Delete from disk.