NetApp Data ONTAP/Lenovo Thinksystem DM Limitations
If you plan to perform operations with NetApp Data ONTAP/Lenovo Thinksystem DM storage snapshots, consider the following limitations:
- Volumes with NetApp SnapLock enabled are not supported.
- [For VMware integration] Veeam Backup & Replication may fail to perform backup from secondary storage arrays if SVM/volumes have identical names between primary and secondary storage arrays.
- [For VMware, Veeam Agent integration] When the storage is added as a specific SVM, and not as a whole cluster, you must set up Aggregation List for vServer so that FlexClone Volume will work properly. Otherwise, errors like this will arise: "Cannot create volume. Reason: aggregate aggr1 is not in aggr-list of Vserver svm-dr-nfs".’
- [For VMware, NAS, Veeam Agent integration] Depending on the protocol type and operating mode of the storage system, Veeam Backup & Replication uses different technologies to perform the following operations:
- [For VMware integration] Storage system rescan
- [For VMware, NAS, Veeam Agent integration] Backup from storage snapshots
- [For VMware integration] Restore from storage snapshots
You may need to install additional licenses. You need to install one license, even if several technologies can be used for snapshot clone creation.
- [For VMware, NAS integration] NetApp FlexGroups are not supported for storage snapshot integration scenarios (including NAS Backup).
- [For VMware integration] Backup jobs from storage snapshots with secondary target are not supported if several SnapMirror/SnapVault relationships are configured for one source volume.
- [For VMware integration] Multi-home restore is not supported for NetApp 7-mode with NFS protocol (all snapshots) and for SnapMirror Target Snapshots with NFS or iSCSI/FC protocol.
- [For VMware, NAS integration] The snapshot directory must be visible in the NFS or SMB shares. To learn more about making the snapshot directory visible, see NFS and SMB (CIFS) Protocols.
In This Section