Creating CDP Policies
To protect VMs with CDP, you must configure a CDP policy. The CDP policy defines which VMs to protect, where to store replicas, how often create short-term and long-term restore points, and so on. One CDP policy can process one or multiple VMs.
To create a CDP policy use the New CDP Policy wizard.
- Check prerequisites.
- Launch the New CDP Policy wizard.
- Specify a job name and advanced settings.
- Select VMs to replicate.
- Exclude objects from being replicated.
- Specify the VM processing order.
- Select a destination for replicas.
- Configure network mapping.
- Configure re-IP rules.
- Configure seeding and mapping.
- Specify data transfer and replica settings.
- Specify notification settings.
- Configure a replication schedule.
- Specify guest processing settings.
- Finish working with the wizard.