Veeam Backup & Replication offers a number of recovery options for various disaster recovery scenarios:
- Instant VM Recovery enables you to instantly start a VM directly from a backup file
- Full VM recovery enables you to recover a VM from a backup file to its original or another location
- VM file recovery enables you to recover separate VM files (virtual disks, configuration files and so on)
- Virtual drive restore enables you to recover a specific hard drive of a VM from the backup file, and attach it to the original VM or to a new VM
- Windows file-level recovery enables you to recover individual Windows guest OS files (from FAT, NTFS and ReFS file systems)
- Multi-OS file-level recovery enables you to recover files from 15 different guest OS file systems
Veeam Backup & Replication uses the same image-level backup for all data recovery operations. You can restore VMs, VM files and drives, application objects and individual guest OS files to the most recent state or to any available restore point.
Veeam Backup & Replication provides backward compatibility: backups created with previous product versions can be restored with later product versions.