Before You Begin
In this article
Before you create and start a SureBackup job, check the following prerequisites:
- A valid license for Enterprise edition of Veeam Backup & Replication must be installed on the backup server.
- All applications and services on which verified VMs are dependent must be virtualized in your environment.
- You must create or connect a virtual lab. For more information, see sections Creating Virtual Lab and Connecting to Existing Virtual Lab.
- If you plan to scan VM data for malware, check requirements and limitations.
- If you plan to verify VMs with a ping test, the firewall on tested VMs must allow ping requests.
- If you plan to verify VMs with a heartbeat test, VMware Tools must be installed in tested VMs.
- [For storage snapshots] The storage system must be added to the backup infrastructure.
Mind the following limitations:
- Verified VM replicas must be in the Ready state. If a VM replica is in the Failover or Failback state, you will not be able to verify it with the SureBackup job.
- You cannot link to SureBackup jobs VMs from backups of vCloud Director VMs, backups created with backup copy jobs and backups stored in cloud backup repositories.
- The source backup or replication job has a higher priority than the SureBackup job. If the source backup or replication job starts when the SureBackup job is running, and this job is about to modify the restore point from which the VM is started, Veeam Backup & Replication automatically powers off VMs in the virtual lab and completes the SureBackup job.