Upgrading and Uninstalling I/O Filter
Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to upgrade or uninstall I/O filter from clusters using the Veeam Backup & Replication console.
During upgrading and uninstalling, Veeam Backup & Replication puts hosts into the maintenance mode and, in rare cases, restarts them.
To upgrade or uninstall the I/O filter:
- Make sure that you have disabled all CDP policies as described in the Disabling and Deleting Policies section.
- Make sure that you have suspended or powered off all VMs on clusters from which you want to remove the filter.
- Follow the instructions provided in the Installing Filters section. At the Clusters step of the wizard, do the following:
- To upgrade the filter, make sure that check boxes are selected near the necessary clusters.
- To uninstall the filter, clear the check boxes near the necessary clusters.
As an alternative, you can uninstall the I/O filter from a specific cluster. To do this, open the Inventory view. In the inventory pane, navigate to the Virtual Infrastructure > VMware vSphere > vCenter Servers > <vCenter Server Name> > <Cluster Name> node and right-click it. Select Uninstall I/O filter.