Enabling Data Encryption
Network rules also allow you to encrypt transferred data. Data transferred through public networks is encrypted by default. For details, see Adjusting Internet Rule.
Data encryption rules do not apply to traffic between the ESXi host and VMware CDP proxy.
To create a network rule with data encryption:
- From the main menu, select Network Traffic Rules.
- In the Name field, specify a name for the rule.
- In the Global Network Traffic Rules window, click Add.
- In the Source IP address range section, specify a range of IP addresses for backup infrastructure components on the source side.
- In the Target IP address range section, specify a range of IP addresses for backup infrastructure components on the target side.
- Select the Encrypt network traffic check box.