Enabling Data Encryption
Network rules also allow you to encrypt transferred data. Data transferred through public networks is encrypted by default. For details, see Adjusting Internet Rule.
To create a network rule with data encryption:
- From the main menu, select Network Traffic Rules.
- In the Name field, specify a name for the rule.
- In the Global Network Traffic Rules window, click Add and select an IPv4 or IPv6 rule. Note that you can add the IPv6 rule only if the Enable IPv6 communication check box is selected. For more information, see IPv6 Support.
- In the Source IP address range section, specify a range of IP addresses for backup infrastructure components on the source site.
- In the Target IP address range section, specify a range of IP addresses for backup infrastructure components on the target site.
- Select the Encrypt network traffic check box.