Before You Begin
Before you create a vCD replication job, check the following prerequisites:
- The supported vCloud Director versions are 9.7 - 10.2.
- You must add vCloud Director server to the backup infrastructure. The backup server must be able to resolve short names and connect to source and target virtualization hosts.
- You must set up the Organization vDC that will keep the vApp replicas.
- vCloud Director replication does not use and support continuous data protection (CDP).
- vCloud Director replication does not support replication of a vApp to a Cloud Provider.
It is possible to replicate vSphere VMs to your Cloud Provider vCloud. For more information, see Creating Replication Jobs.
- If you plan to replicate VM containers using WAN accelerators, source and target WAN accelerators must be added to the backup infrastructure and properly configured. For more information, see Adding WAN Accelerators.
- If you plan to replicate VM containers using WAN accelerators, it is recommended that you pre-populate global cache on the target WAN accelerator before you start the vCD replication job. Global cache population helps reduce the amount of traffic transferred over WAN. For more information, see Populating Global Cache.
- If you plan to use pre-job and post-job scripts and/or pre-freeze and post-thaw scripts, you must create scripts before you configure the vCD replication job. Veeam Backup & Replication supports script files in the following formats: EXE, BAT, CMD, JS, VBS, WSF, PS1, SH. For more information, see Pre-Freeze and Post-Thaw Scripts.
- You must check limitations for replication. For more information, see About Replication.