At the Policy step of the wizard, specify how you want to store backup files on extents of the scale-out backup repository.
- Set the backup file placement policy for the scale-out backup repository:
- Select Data locality if you want to store backup files that belong to the same backup chain together. In this case, a full backup file and subsequent incremental backup files will be stored to the same extent of the scale-out backup repository. The new backup chain may be stored to the same extent or to another extent (unless you use a deduplicating storage appliance as an extent).
- Select Performance if you want to store full and incremental backup files to different extents of the scale-out backup repository. If you set the Performance policy, you must make sure that the network connection is fast and reliable so that Veeam Backup & Replication can access all backup files from the backup chain.
For more information, see Backup File Placement.
- If you select the Performance policy, you can restrict which types of backup files can be stored on a specific extent. For example, if you have added three extents to the scale-out backup repository, you may want to store full backup files on one extent and incremental backup files — on the other two extents.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Backup Placement Settings window, select an extent and click Edit.
- Select a check box next to the type of backup files that you want to store on the extent: Full backup files or Incremental backup files. By default, Veeam Backup & Replication can store both full and incremental backup files on the same extent.