Before you restore a machine to Amazon EC2, mind the following requirements and limitations:
- The Veeam backup server and repositories with machine backup files must have access to the Internet.
If backup files are located on deduplicating storage appliances or shared folder repositories, the Internet connection is required for gateway servers that communicate with these repositories.
- You must have a backup of the machine that you plan to restore to Amazon EC2.
- Make sure that a user whose credentials you plan to use to connect to AWS has permissions to restore to Amazon EC2. For more information, see AWS IAM User Permissions.
- If you restore machines from backups of virtual and physical machines (non-EC2 instances), check the supported OS, EC2 instance and file system types in AWS Documentation.
- If you plan to assign AWS tags to the restored machine, check limitations for tags in the AWS Documentation.