Before You Begin
Before you restore workloads to Amazon EC2, mind the following requirements and limitations:
- Check whether a proxy appliance must be configured for restore. For more information, see Proxy Appliances.
- The backup server and repositories with workload backup files must have access to the Internet.
If backup files are located on deduplicating storage appliances or shared folder repositories, the Internet connection is required for gateway servers that communicate with these repositories.
- You must have a backup of the workload that you plan to restore to Amazon EC2.
- Make sure that a user whose credentials you plan to use to connect to AWS has permissions to restore to Amazon EC2. For more information, see AWS IAM User Permissions.
- If you restore workloads other than EC2 instances, check the supported OS, EC2 instance and file system types in the AWS Documentation.
- If you plan to assign AWS tags to the restored EC2 instance, check limitations for tags in the AWS Documentation.