Extending Scale-Out Repositories
You can add a backup repository as a performance extent to the scale-out backup repository at any time. For example, the scale-out backup repository may run low on space, and you will need to add storage capacity to it.
To add a backup repository as an extent to the scale-out backup repository:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, click Scale-out Repositories.
- In the working area, select the scale-out repository and click Edit Scale-out Repository on the ribbon or right-click the backup repository and select Properties.
- Move to the Performance tier step of the wizard.
- Click Add.
- In the Extents window, select a check box next to the backup repository that you want to add as a performance extent to the scale-out backup repository.
If a backup repository that you add as a performance extent is already used by jobs of supported type or there are backups pointing at the backup repository (for example, independent backups created with VeeamZIP), Veeam Backup & Replication will offer you to update a link to the backup repository in the job properties. Click Yes to update the link and target the jobs and backups at the scale-out backup repository. If you click No, you will not be able to pass to the next steps of the wizard.
- Pass through the next wizard steps and finish working with the wizard. The new performance extent will be added to the scale-out backup repository.
After you add a backup repository to the scale-out backup repository as a performance extent, you will not be able to use it as an individual backup repository.