Before you perform Instant VM Disk Recovery, consider the following:
- You can restore a virtual disk from a backup that has at least one successfully created restore point.
- If you want to scan disk data for viruses, check the secure restore requirements and limitations.
- Instant VM Disk Recovery to vCloud Director is not supported.
- If you restore a virtual disk to an unoccupied node, Veeam Backup & Replication restores the disk in the offline state. To work with it, you need to bring the disk online.
- You must have at least 10 GB of free disk space on the datastore where write cache folder is located. This disk space is required to store virtual disk updates for the restored VM.
By default, Veeam Backup & Replication writes virtual disk updates to the IRCache folder on a volume with the maximum amount of free space, for example, C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup\IRCache.