Before you create a replication job, check the following prerequisites:
- Backup infrastructure components that will take part in the replication process must be added to the backup infrastructure and properly configured. These include source and target ESX(i) hosts, one backup proxy for onsite replication scenario or two backup proxies for offsite replication scenario and backup repository for storing replica metadata.
The backup server must be able to connect to source and target virtualization hosts.
- The target datastore must have enough free space to store disks of replicated VMs. To receive alerts about low space on the target datastore, configure global notification settings. For more information, see Specifying Other Notification Settings.
- If you plan to replicate VMs via WAN accelerators, source and target WAN accelerators must be added to the backup infrastructure and properly configured. For more information, see Adding WAN Accelerators.
- If you plan to replicate VMs via WAN accelerators, it is recommended that you pre-populate global cache on the target WAN accelerator before you start the replication job. Global cache population helps reduce the amount of traffic transferred over WAN. For more information, see Populating Global Cache.
- If you plan to replicate VMs from the backup, the backup job that you plan to use as the source must be configured beforehand. For more information, see Remote Replica from Backup.
- If you plan to use pre-job and post-job scripts and/or pre-freeze and post-thaw scripts, you must create scripts before you configure the replication job. Veeam Backup & Replication supports script files in the following formats: EXE, BAT, CMD, JS, VBS, WSF, PS1, SH.
- You must check limitations for replication. For more information, see About Replication.