Veeam® Backup & Replication™ is a data protection and disaster recovery solution developed for virtual, physical and cloud environments.
With Veeam Backup & Replication you can:
- Create crash-consistent and application-consistent backups of virtual and physical machines, and Amazon EC2 instances.
- Create transactionally-consistent backups of SAP HANA and Oracle databases.
- Automate transferring of backups to different locations such as backup repositories, clouds and tapes.
- Quickly restore physical machines, EC2 instances, VMs, VM disks, guest OS files and application items.
- Restore workloads from one environment to another, for example, from VMware vSphere to Microsoft Azure.
- Perform backup health check to verify that backups are not corrupted and are ready for restoring.
- Create VM replicas and switch to them in case of a disaster.
This document contains a high-level overview of Veeam Backup & Replication, its architecture, features, data protection and disaster recovery concepts necessary to understand Veeam Backup & Replication background operations and processes.