Step 6. Select Virtual Network
At the Network step of the wizard, you can select to which network and subnet the restored machine must be connected.
Veeam Backup & Replication can connect the machine only to one virtual network. If necessary, you can manually configure additional network connections in Microsoft Azure after the machine is restored.
To define network settings for the machine, do the following:
- In the Virtual network list, select the machine and click Network.
- From the Virtual network list, select a network to which the machine must be connected.
- From the Subnet list, select a subnet for the machine and click OK.
- Veeam Backup & Replication can assign a public IP for the restored VM which can be used for communications over the internet. By default, a public IP is not assigned. From the Public IP list, select one of the options:
- Assign (restored VM will be accessible from the Internet): A public IP will be assigned to the restored VM. For security reasons, make sure traffic filtration rules are properly configured in the security group.
- Do not assign (more secure): A public IP will not be assigned. You can assign a public IP later in the settings of the restored VM.
- From the Virtual network list, select the machine and click Group.
- [Optional] Select the network security group from the list and click OK. The restored machine will be added to the selected network security group.
If you leave the field empty, Veeam Backup & Replication will create a new network security group.