Decrypting Tapes Without Password
If you have lost or forgotten a password, you can unlock encrypted tapes with the help of Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
You can restore data from tapes without a password only if your backup infrastructure meets the following conditions:
- You use Veeam Universal License (for a legacy socket-based license, Enterprise or higher edition).
- Veeam backup server on which you encrypted tapes is added to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
- Veeam backup server on which you generate a request for data decryption is added to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager.
The restore process is accomplished with the help of two wizards that run on two servers:
- The Encryption Key Restore wizard on the Veeam backup server.
- The Password Recovery wizard on the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager server.
To restore encrypted data from tapes without a password: