Step 3. Specify Credentials
At the Credentials step of the wizard, specify credentials for a user account with administrator privileges on the HPE 3PAR Web Services API Server.
- From the Credentials list, select credentials to connect to the HPE 3PAR Web Services API Server. If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click the Manage accounts link or click Add on the right of the Credentials field to add the necessary credentials. For more information, see Managing Credentials.
The user account must have the ‘edit’ user role on the HPE 3PAR Web Services API Server.
- When you add a storage system, Veeam Backup & Replication saves to the configuration database a TLS certificate thumbprint and an SSH key fingerprint of the HPE 3PAR Web Services API Server. During every subsequent connection to the server, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the saved information to verify the server identity and avoid the man-in-the-middle attack.
If the certificate installed on the server is not trusted, Veeam Backup & Replication displays a warning.
- To view detailed information about the certificate, click View.
- If you do not trust the server, click Cancel.
Veeam Backup & Replication will display an error message, and you will not be able to connect to the server.
- If you trust the server, click Continue.
Veeam Backup & Replication will display the SSH key fingerprint. To accept the fingerprint and connect to the server, click Yes.
If you update the certificate or SSH key on the server, you must acknowledge the new certificate or SSH key in the server connection settings. To do this, in the Storage Infrastructure view right-click the storage system, select Edit storage, pass through the Edit Server wizard and click Trust.