If you want to remove an extent from the scale-out backup repository, you first need to evacuate backups from this extent. When you evacuate backups, Veeam Backup & Replication moves backup files from the extent to other extents that belong to the same scale-out backup repository.
You must put the extent to the Maintenance mode before you evacuate backups from it. For more information, see Switching to Maintenance Mode.
To evacuate backup files from the extent:
- [Recommended] Stop and disable jobs targeted at the extent from which you plan to evacuate backups.
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select the scale-out backup repository under Scale-out Repositories.
- In the working area, select the extent and click Evacuate Backups on the ribbon or right-click the extent and select Evacuate backups.
- If you have disabled jobs, enable them.
After you evacuate backups, you can proceed to removing the extent from the scale-out backup repository. For more information, see Removing Extents from Scale-Out Repositories.