If you no longer need a media vault, you can remove it. Mind the following limitation:
- You cannot remove a media vault that contains tapes. To be able to remove such vault, first move tapes from this vault to other media vaults or remove them from the vault. When you remove a tape from the vault, you can see it in its media pool or under Media > Offline node.
- You cannot remove a media vault that has a reference to any media pool. To be able to remove such media vault, first edit settings of the corresponding media pool and remove a reference to this media vault.
To remove a media vault:
- Open the Tape Infrastructure view.
- Select a media vault and click Remove Vault on the ribbon. Alternatively, you can right-click the necessary media vault in the working area and choose Remove Vault.
- In the displayed dialog box, click OK to confirm deletion.