Step 4. Select Target Host
At the Host step of the wizard, specify a target Hyper-V host or a Hyper-V cluster where you want to locate the recovered VMs.
- In the VM location list, select one or more VMs and click Host.
- In the Select Server window, select a standalone host or cluster where the selected VMs must be registered.
- If you have selected a Hyper-V cluster, you can specify the cluster resource settings. Click Resource and select one of the following options in the Cluster Resource Settings window:
- Register VM as a cluster resource. Select this action if you want to assign a cluster role to a VM.
- Do not register VM as a cluster resource. Select this action if you do not want to assign a cluster role to a VM.
To quickly find the necessary object, use the search field at the bottom of the Select Host window:
- Click the button on the left of the field to select the necessary type of object that should be searched for: SCVMM, Cluster or Host.
- Enter an object name or a part of it in the search field.
- Click the Start search button on the right or press [Enter].
You cannot restore workloads to a Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 R2 Cluster due to Microsoft's limitations. You can restore workloads to Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 Failover Cluster or Microsoft Hyper-V 2012 R2 Failover Cluster.