Step 4. Specify Object Storage Settings
At the Bucket step of the wizard, specify the bucket and folder that will be used to store data:
- From the Data center region drop-down list, select a region.
- In the Bucket field, enter a name of the bucket or click Browse to get the necessary bucket.
Note that you must create the bucket where you want to store your backup data beforehand.
- In the Folder field, enter a cloud folder name to which you want to map your object storage repository. Alternatively, click Browse and either select an existing folder or click New Folder.
- Select the Limit object storage consumption to check box to define a soft limit that can be exceeded temporarily for your object storage consumption. Provide the value in TB or PB.
- If you plan to access your backup data rarely, on average once per month or less, select the Use nearline storage class check box. For more information about Google Cloud storage classes, see this Google article.