To back up VMs, you must configure a backup job. The backup job defines how, where and when to back up VM data. One job can be used to process one or more VMs. Jobs can be started manually or scheduled to run automatically at a specific time.
Before creating a backup job, check prerequisites. Then use the New Backup Job wizard to configure the backup job.
- Launch the New Backup Job wizard
- Specify a job name and description
- Select VMs to back up
- Exclude objects from the backup job
- Define VM backup order
- Specify backup storage settings
- Specify advanced backup settings
- Specify a secondary target
- Specify guest processing settings
- Define a job schedule
- Finish working with the wizard