Requirements and Limitations
In this article
Replication has the following requirements and limitations:
- Due to VMware vSphere limitations, if you change the size of VM disks on the source VM, Veeam Backup & Replication deletes all available restore points (represented as VM snapshots) on the VM replica during the next replication job session. For more information, see this VMware KB article.
- If you assign the role of a backup proxy to a VM, you should not add this VM to the list of processed VMs in a job that uses this backup proxy. Such configuration may result in degraded job performance. Veeam Backup & Replication will assign this backup proxy to process other VMs in the job first, and processing of this VM itself will be put on hold. Veeam Backup & Replication will report the following message in the job statistics: VM is a backup proxy, waiting for it to stop processing tasks. The job will start processing this VM only after the backup proxy deployed on the VM finishes its tasks.
- Replication of VM templates is not supported.
- If you use tags to categorize virtual infrastructure objects, check limitations for VM tags. For more information, see VM Tags.
- Due to Microsoft limitations, you cannot use Microsoft Azure Active Directory credentials to perform application-aware processing on VMs running Microsoft Windows 10.
- If a job is unable to complete within 21 days period, it will be stopped with the Failed status.