Before you restore vCloud Director VMs to a vApp, consider the following:
- Veeam Backup & Replication restores standalone VMs as regular vCloud Director VMs in the following cases:
- If you selected to restore a standalone VM to a different location.
- If the original standalone VM no longer exists in the vCloud DIrector hierarchy.
- It is not recommended to restore vCloud Director VMs to a vApp that already contains a standalone VM. After the restore process is complete, the vApp may not work as expected.
- If you restore linked clone VMs to a different location, make sure that fast provisioning is enabled at the level of the target Organization vDC. Otherwise, Veeam Backup & Replication will restore the linked clone VM to a selected vApp as a regular VM.
- If you want to scan VM data for viruses, check the secure restore requirements and limitations.