Restoring VMs with Instant Recovery into vCloud vApp
With Instant Recovery, you can immediately start a VM from a backup file stored in the backup repository. Instant Recovery accelerates the restore process, allows you to improve RTOs and decrease downtime of production VMs.
Before you start Instant Recovery, check prerequisites. Then use the vCloud Instant Recovery wizard to recover the necessary VM.
- Launch the vCloud Instant VM Recovery wizard
- Select a restore point
- Select a restore mode
- Select a destination for the restored VM
- Select a destination for virtual disk updates
- Select a destination network
- Specify secure restore settings
- Specify a restore reason
- Verify Instant Recovery settings
- Finalize Instant Recovery