Starting from Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 (build 188.8.131.521), you can use built-in or third-party malware detection methods to scan backup data and get information about suspicious activity or infected objects. The functionality includes:
- Detecting malware activity in guest indexing data and data stream
- Scan backup
- Performing the antivirus scan and YARA scan during secure restore
- Integration with third-party malware protection solutions through Veeam Incident API
- Viewing malware detection events
- Receiving daily and immediate reports about malware detection events
- Managing the malware status of the machines marked as Suspicious or Infected
- Marking specific restore points as Infected or Clean
Requirements and Limitations
Malware detection has the following requirements and limitations:
- Full malware detection support is included only in the Veeam Data Platform Advanced or Premium License. Managing the malware status of specific restore points is available for all licenses. For more details about licensing all malware detection features, see Veeam Data Platform Feature Comparison.
- Only users with the Veeam Backup Administrator role have full access to the functionality. Users with other roles can view malware detection events and machines marked as Suspicious or Infected.
In This Section