You can use the Password Manager to create one or more passwords.
To create a new password:
- From the main menu, select Manage Passwords. Alternatively, you can use job properties to create a new password:
- Open the Backup & Replication view.
- In the inventory pane, select Jobs.
- In the working area, right-click the backup or backup copy job and select Edit.
- At the Storage step of the wizard (for backup job) or Target step of the wizard (for backup copy job), click Advanced.
- Click the Storage tab.
- In the Encryption section of the Advanced Setting window, select the Enable backup file encryption check box and click the Manage passwords link.
Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Password Manager.
- In the Password Manager, click Add.
- In the Description field, specify a hint for the created password. It is recommended that you provide a meaningful hint that will help you recall the password. The password hint is displayed when you import an encrypted file on the backup server and access this file.
- In the Password field, enter a password. To view the entered password, click and hold the eye icon on the right of the field.
Always save a copy of the password you create in a secure place. If you lose the password, you will not be able to restore it.