Before you start working with storage systems in Veeam Backup & Replication, you must properly configure the backup infrastructure. As part of this process, you must perform the following actions:
- Add VMware vSphere server. You must add to the backup infrastructure a vCenter Server or ESX(i) hosts with VMs whose disks are located on the storage system.
- Configure a backup proxy. The backup proxy is required for storage systems rescan and Backup from Storage Snapshots.
- [For HPE 3PAR StoreServ] Enable HPE 3PAR Web Services API server. Veeam Backup & Replication uses the HPE 3PAR Web Services API server to work with the HPE StoreServ storage system.
- Add storage systems. You must add to the backup infrastructure the storage systems on which VM disks are hosted. If you plan to work with secondary storage arrays, you must add them to the backup infrastructure as well.
- [For IBM Spectrum Virtualize with HyperSwap function] If you plan to select secondary storage volumes as a data source for backup, use registry keys. For more information, contact Veeam Support Team.
You can work with storage systems in the Storage Infrastructure view of Veeam Backup & Replication. Right after the installation, the Storage Infrastructure view is not displayed in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. To display it, you must add at least one vCenter Server or ESX(i) host to the backup infrastructure.