Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to transfer data to and from capacity extents, as well as move data from capacity extents to archive extents.
You can perform the following data transfer operations:
- Copy policy: the backups are copied to capacity extents automatically.
- Move policy: the inactive backup chains can be transferred to the capacity extents.
- Previously offloaded data can also be downloaded from the capacity tier back to the performance extents.
To manage data transfer to and from capacity extents, Veeam Backup & Replication uses system sessions.
The following types of backup files can be moved or copied to capacity extents:
- Regular backups (except transaction logs)
- Veeam backups for Amazon, Google and Microsoft Azure (using backup copy jobs)
- Backups created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, Veeam Agent for Linux, Veeam Agent for Unix or Veeam Agent for Mac
- Backups created with Veeam Plug-ins for Enterprise Applications (Oracle RMAN, SAP HANA, SAP on Oracle)
- Backups created with Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV
- Backups created with Veeam Backup for Red Hat Virtualization
- Backups created with VeeamZIP jobs
- Backups exported by K10 policies
- Exported backup files
- Orphaned backups
Consider the following:
In This Section