Before you install Veeam Backup & Replication, check the following prerequisites:
- A machine on which you plan to install Veeam Backup & Replication must meet the system requirements. For more information, see System Requirements.
- A user account that you plan to use for installation must have sufficient permissions. For more information, see Required Permissions.
- Backup infrastructure components communicate with each other over specific ports. These ports must be open. For more information, see Used Ports.
- Veeam Backup & Replication requires .NET Framework 4.5.2. If .NET Framework 4.5.2 is not installed, the Veeam Backup & Replication setup will install it on the backup server.
- Veeam Backup & Replication requires Microsoft SQL Server deployed either locally on the backup server or remotely. If Microsoft SQL Server is not installed, the Veeam Backup & Replication setup will install Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP3 Express Edition locally on the backup server.
If Microsoft SQL Server was installed by the previous product version, Veeam Backup & Replication will connect to the existing configuration database, upgrade it (if necessary) and use it for work.
- You must remove Veeam Backup & Replication components of versions that are not supported by the upgrade procedure from the target machine. You may also need to remove earlier versions of other Veeam products and components.