Requirements and Limitations
Consider the following for CDP for VMware Cloud Director:
- As CDP for VMware Cloud Director is based on the CDP mechanism for VMware vSphere VMs, requirements and limitations are also actual. For more information, see Requirements and Limitations for CDP.
- The minimum supported Cloud Director version is 10.1.
- The version of target hosts must be 7.0 or higher. Target hosts of version 6.5 and 6.7 are not supported.
- The Any storage policy is not supported.
- Fast provisioned VMs cannot be protected with CDP.
- The maximum number of VMs in a vApp that can be protected with CDP is 128.