Step 7. Specify Secure Restore Settings
This step is available if you restore Microsoft Windows workloads.
You can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to perform secure restore — scan workload data with antivirus software before restoring the workload to Google Compute Engine. For more information on secure restore, see Secure Restore.
To specify secure restore settings:
- At the Secure Restore step of the wizard, select the Scan the restored VM for malware prior to performing the recovery check box.
- Select which action Veeam Backup & Replication will take if the antivirus software finds a virus threat:
- Abort VM recovery. Select this action if you want to cancel the restore session.
- Proceed with recovery but connect the VM to a different network. Select this action if you want to restore the workload to a different Google Cloud network.
Click the Click to change link to specify the VPC and subnet for this network.
- Select the Scan the entire image check box if you want the antivirus software to continue workload scan after the first malware is found. For information on how to view results of the malware scan, see Viewing Malware Scan Results.