Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to restore physical or virtual machines to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) as EC2 instances.
You can use Veeam Backup & Replication to perform the following operations:
- Restore machines to Amazon EC2 from backups.
- Migrate machines from the on-premises infrastructure to the cloud.
- Create a test environment in the cloud for troubleshooting, testing patches and updates, and so on.
You can restore machines from the following types of backups:
- Backups of VMware vSphere or vCloud Director virtual machines created with Veeam Backup & Replication
- Backups of Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines created with Veeam Backup & Replication
- Backups of virtual and physical machines created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows or Veeam Agent for Linux
Backups must be created at the entire machine level or volume level.
- Backups of Amazon EC2 instances created with Veeam Backup for AWS
- Backups of Microsoft Azure virtual machines created with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure
- Backups of Nutanix AHV virtual machines created with Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV