Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to restore physical or virtual machines to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) as instances.
You can use Veeam Backup & Replication to perform the following operations:
- Restore machines to Amazon EC2 from backups.
- Migrate machines from the on-premises infrastructure to the cloud.
- Create a test environment in the cloud for troubleshooting, testing patches and updates, and so on.
You can restore machines from the following types of backups:
- Backups of VMware vSphere or VMware vCloud Director VMs created with Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Backups of Microsoft Windows or Linux machines created with Veeam Agent for Windows or Veeam Agent for Linux. Backups must be created at the entire machine level or volume level.
- Backups of EC2 instances created with N2WS Cloud Protection Manager (N2WS CPM).
- Backups of Nutanix AHV VMs created with Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV.