To synchronize your external repository state with that of Amazon S3 object storage, you can use the rescan feature.
Consider the following:
- By default, rescan is done automatically every 24 hours and synchronizes your external repository state with that of Amazon S3 object storage to fetch newly created restore points and other required metadata.
- Rescan is done automatically upon the addition of a new external repository to the application scope.
- Rescan session results are saved to the configuration database and can be found in the History view under the System node.
To rescan external repositories manually, do the following:
- Open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, click External Repositories.
- Select a repository you want to rescan and click Rescan on the ribbon menu or right click a repository and select Rescan.
If you have more than one external repository added to the scope, you may want to rescan all the repositories altogether. For that, right-click the root External Repositories node in the navigation pane and select Rescan.