With VM copy jobs you can create a fully-functional copy of a VM and store this copy on the backup repository or storage device. VM copying may be helpful if you want to move your datacenter to another location, archive a VM before decommissioning and so on.
To create a VM copy, you must configure a VM copy job. One job can be used to process one VM or more VMs.
You can configure a job and start it immediately or save the job to start it later. Jobs can be started manually or scheduled to run automatically at specific time.
Before creating a VM copy job, check prerequisites. Then use the New VM Copy Job wizard to configure a VM copy job.
- Launch the New Virtual Machine Copy Job wizard
- Specify a job name and description
- Select VMs to copy
- Exclude objects from the VM copy job
- Specify the copy destination
- Specify guest processing settings
- Define the job schedule
- Finish working with the wizard