Step 8. Specify Secure Restore Settings
This step is available if you recover workloads with Microsoft Windows OS and recover them to a new location or with different settings. However, this step is not available if you recover VMware vSphere VMs from storage snapshots.
You can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to perform secure restore — scan restored VM data with antivirus software before restoring VMs to the production environment. For more information on secure restore, see Secure Restore.
To specify secure restore settings:
- At the Secure Restore step of the wizard, select the Scan machine for virus threats prior performing recovery check box.
- Select which action Veeam Backup & Replication will take if an antivirus software finds a virus threat:
- Proceed to recovery but disable VM network adapters — if you want to restore VMs with disabled network adapters (NICs).
- Abort VM recovery — if you want to cancel the restore session.
- Select the Scan entire VM for virus threats check box if you want the antivirus software to continue scanning VM data after the first malware is found. For information on how to view results of the malware scan, see Viewing Malware Scan Results.