The vApp step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to change the location and settings of the restored vApp.
By default, Veeam Backup & Replication restores the vApp to its original location with its original name.
To restore the vApp to a different location:
- Select the App in the list and click vDC.
- From the vCloud Director hierarchy, choose an Organization vDC where the selected vApp must be registered.
To facilitate selection, use the search field at the bottom of the window: enter an object’s name or a part of it and click the Start search button on the right or press [Enter] on the keyboard.
If a vApp contains a standalone VM, Veeam Backup & Replication restores the standalone VM in such vApp as a regular vCloud Director VM.
To change the vApp name:
- Select the vApp in the list and click Name.
- In the Change Name window, enter a new name explicitly or specify a change name rule by adding a prefix and/or suffix to the original vApp name.
- You can also change the vApp name directly in the list: select a vApp, click the New Name field and enter the name to be assigned to the recovered vApp.