To start the extract utility in the interactive mode, run the extract.exe file from the product installation folder(in case of a Linux machine, run the extract file).
You will have to sequentially enter the following arguments:
- Path to the full backup file from which the VM must be restored. After you enter the path, the restore utility will display a list of all VMs included in the backup and their description.
- Name of the VM you want to restore. If there is more than one VM with the specified name in the backup, you will be asked to specify the host on which the backed up VM resides. If you want to restore all VMs from the backup, press [ENTER].
- If the backup was encrypted, password that was used to encrypt the backup file.
- Output directory to which VMs must be restored. If you want to restore VM(s) to the current directory, press [ENTER].
- Operation confirmation. Press [Y] on the keyboard to restore a VM to the directory you selected. If you want to abort the operation, press [ENTER].