Step 2. Select Workloads
At the Machines step of the wizard, select one or more workloads that you want to recover.
To select workloads:
- Click Add.
- [For VMware vSphere VMs and vCloud Director VMs] Select where to browse for VMs:
- From infrastructure — browse the virtual environment and select VMs or VM containers (hosts, clusters, folders, resource pools, VirtualApps, datastores or tags) to restore. If you select a VM container, Veeam Backup & Replication will expand it to a plain VM list.
When you add a VM to the list, Veeam Backup & Replication displays information about the most recent restore point in the Restore point column. If no restore point is available for the added VM, Veeam Backup & Replication displays a warning next to this VM.
- From backup — browse existing backups and select virtual machines from backups.
- [For other workloads] In the list of backup jobs, expand a job and select workloads.
- Click Add.
To quickly find workloads within the created backups, you can use the search field at the Machines step of the wizard:
- Enter a workload name or a part of it in the search field. Veeam Backup & Replication will display matches.
- If the workload is not in the list, click the Show more link to browse the backups.