Veeam Backup & Replication lets you perform backup for vApps and VMs, as well as VM containers in vCloud Director such as Organization vDC, Organization and even the vCloud Director instance.
When Veeam Backup & Replication performs backup of vApps and VMs, it additionally captures vApp metadata.
vApp metadata includes:
- General information about the vApp where VMs reside, such as: vApp name, description, VMs descriptions
- Information about vApp networks and organization networks to which the vApp is connected
- VMs startup options
- User information
- Storage template and so on
vApp metadata is stored together with the VM content. Capturing vApp metadata is extremely important for restore: without it, you will not be able to restore vApps and VMs back to vCloud Director.
- Data to Back Up
- vCD Backup Jobs
- Adding vCloud Director
- Performing Backup of vCloud Director VMs
- Performing Restore from vCD Backups