Object Storage Repository
An object storage repository is a repository intended for long-term data storage and based on either a cloud solution or an S3 compatible storage solution.
Veeam Backup & Replication supports the following types of object storage repositories:
- Amazon S3, Amazon S3 Glacier and AWS Snowball Edge
- S3 compatible
- Google Cloud
- IBM Cloud
- Microsoft Azure Blob, Azure Archive Storage and Azure Data Box
Object storage repositories can be used in the following ways:
- In Scale-Out Backup Repository as a part of Capacity Tier. Capacity tier of scale-out backup repository allows to offload existing backup data directly to cloud-based object storage such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure Blob Storage, Google Cloud Storage, and IBM Cloud Object Storage, or using on-premises S3 compatible devices. For more information, see Capacity Tier.
- In Scale-Out Backup Repository as a part of Archive Tier. Archive tier of scale-out backup repository allows to transport infrequently accessed data from the capacity tier for archive storage. For more information, see Archive Tier.
- As target archive repositories for NAS Backup.
In This Section