Step 5. Select VM Location
The Location step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to change the location and settings for the restored VMs.
By default, Veeam Backup & Replication restores the VM to its original location. To restore the VM to a different location:
- Select the VM in the list and click vApp.
- From the vCloud Director hierarchy, choose a vApp in which the restored VM must be registered.
To facilitate selection, use the search field at the bottom of the window: enter the vApp name or a part of it and click the Start search button on the right or press [Enter] on the keyboard.
To change the VM name:
- Select a VM in the list and click Name.
- In the Change Name window, enter a new name explicitly or specify a change name rule by adding a prefix and/or suffix to the original VM name.
- You can also change VM names directly in the list: select a VM, click the New Name field and enter the name to be assigned to the recovered VM.