The Location step of the wizard is available if you have chosen to change the location and settings for the restored VM(s).
By default, Veeam Backup & Replication restores the VM to its initial location. To restore the VM a different location:
- Select the VM in the list and click vApp.
- From the vCloud Director hierarchy, choose a vApp in which the restored VM must be registered.
To facilitate selection, use the search field at the bottom of the window: enter the vApp name or a part of it and click the Start search button on the right or press [ENTER].
To change the VM name:
- Select a VM in the list and click Name.
- In the Change Name window, enter a new name explicitly or specify a change name rule by adding a prefix and/or suffix to the initial VM name.
- You can also change VM names directly in the list: select a VM, click the New Name field and enter the name to be assigned to the recovered VM.
If you are restoring a linked clone VM to a different location, make sure that fast provisioning is enabled at the level of the target Organization vDC. Otherwise Veeam Backup & Replication will restore the VM as a regular VM.