You can restore machines from backups to Microsoft Azure or Azure Stack. The restored machine appears in the Microsoft Azure portal, and you can use it as a regular Microsoft Azure VM.
After the restore process is finished, Veeam Backup & Replication immediately powers on the restored VM.
Before you restore a machine to Microsoft Azure, check prerequisites. Then use the Restore to Azure wizard to restore the machine.
- Launch the Restore to Azure wizard
- Select a machine and restore point
- Select a subscription and location
- Specify VM size
- Specify a VM name and resource group
- Select a virtual network
- Specify malware scan options
- Specify a restore reason
- Start the restore process