At the Target step of the wizard, select the destination for disk restore and format in which you want to save the resulting virtual disk.
- From the Server list, select a server on which the resulting virtual disks must be saved. If you plan to save the disks in the VMDK format on a datastore, select an ESX(i) host to which this datastore is connected.
- In the Path to folder field, specify a folder on the server or datastore where the virtual disks must be placed.
- Select the export format for disks:
- VMDK — select this option if you want to save the resulting virtual disk in the VMware VMDK format.
- VHD — select this option if you want to save resulting virtual disk in the Microsoft Hyper-V VHD format.
- VHDX — select this option if you want to save resulting virtual disk in the Microsoft Hyper-V VHDX format (supported by Microsoft Windows Server 2012 or later).
If you have selected to store the resulting virtual disk to a datastore, you will be able to save the virtual disk in the VMDK format only. Other options will be disabled.
- [For VMDK virtual disks] Click the Pick proxy to use link to select backup proxies over which disk data must be transported to the target datastore. You can assign backup proxies explicitly or instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to automatically select backup proxies.