Veeam Backup & Replication Services
Veeam Backup & Replication uses the following services:
- Veeam Backup Service is a Windows service that coordinates all operations performed by Veeam Backup & Replication such as backup, replication, recovery verification and restore tasks. The Veeam Backup Service runs under the LocalSystem account or account that has the local Administrator permissions on the backup server.
- Veeam Broker Service interacts with the virtual infrastructure to collect and cache the virtual infrastructure topology. Jobs and tasks query information about the virtual infrastructure topology from the broker service, which accelerates job and task performance.
- Veeam Installer Service installs, updates or removes Veeam services when you add, update or remove backup infrastructure components. For more details, see Veeam Installer Service.
- Veeam Guest Catalog Service manages guest OS file system indexing for VMs and replicates system index data files to enable search through guest OS files. Index data is stored in the Veeam Backup Catalog — a folder on the backup server. The Veeam Guest Catalog Service running on the backup server works in conjunction with search components installed on Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager and (optionally) a dedicated Microsoft Search Server.
- Mount Service mounts backups and replicas for file-level access, browsing the VM guest file system and restoring VM guest OS files and application items to the original location.
- VMware Backup Proxy Services In addition to dedicated services, the backup server runs a set of Veeam Data Movers. For details, see VMware Backup Proxy.
- Veeam CDP Coordinator Service communicates with vCenter, assigns continuous data protection (CDP) tasks and manages the infrastructure components involved in CDP. For more information on CDP, see Continuous Data Protection (CDP).