Veeam Backup & Replication offers built-in integrations with storage systems to help decrease impact on the production environment and significantly improve RPOs. Storage vendors, in turn, can leverage Veeam Universal Storage API framework to integrate their storage solutions with Veeam Backup & Replication. With this kind of integration Veeam Backup & Replication uses snapshots of Universal Storage API integrated systems to perform backup and restore operations.
The following storage systems are supported:
- INFINIDAT InfiniBox
- Pure Storage FlashArray
- Huawei OceanStor
To start working with Universal Storage API integrated systems, you must perform the following steps:
- Download the corresponding storage system plug-in from www.veeam.com/backup-replication-download.html:
- INFINIDAT Plug-In for Veeam Backup & Replication
- Pure Storage Plug-In for Veeam Backup & Replication
- Huawei Plug-In for Veeam Backup & Replication
- Run the setup wizard to install the plug-in.
- Configure the backup infrastructure for storage snapshots.
After that, you can use Universal Storage API integrated storage snapshots for data protection and disaster recovery operations.
- Installing Storage System Plug-Ins
- Backup Infrastructure for Storage Snapshots
- Adding Universal Storage API Integrated Systems