If you plan to perform backup and replication from Cisco HyperFlex storage snapshots, consider the following limitations:
- VMs must be hosted on the supported Cisco HyperFlex system. For more information, see System Requirements.
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 2 must be installed on the backup server. For more information, see Integration Modes.
- Currently Veeam Backup & Replication does not support scenarios where several Cisco HyperFlex systems are registered under different VMware vCenter Servers. It is recommended to back up VMs of each VMware vCenter Server instance using a separate Veeam backup server.
- VMs must not have VMware vSphere snapshots. VMs with VMware vSphere snapshots are skipped during backup or replication. You can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to process these VMs in the regular data processing mode. To do this, enable the Failover to standard backup option in job settings.
- Disks of a processed VM must be located on the same Cisco HyperFlex NFS store. If some VM disks are located on an NFS store other than the store hosting the VM configuration file, such VM will be processed in the regular backup mode.
- The Limit processed VM count per storage snapshots to N option is not applicable to Cisco HyperFlex since snapshots for VMs hosted on Cisco HyperFlex are created at the VM level, not volume level.