If you plan to perform backup and replication from Cisco HyperFlex storage snapshots, consider the following limitations:
- VMs must be hosted on the supported Cisco HyperFlex system. For more information, see System Requirements.
- Currently Veeam Backup & Replication does not support scenarios where several Cisco HyperFlex systems are registered under different vCenter Servers. It is recommended that you back up VMs of each vCenter Server instance using a separate Veeam backup server.
- VMs must not have VMware vSphere snapshots.
During backup or replication, Veeam Backup & Replication fails to trigger Cisco HyperFlex snapshots on VMs that already have VMware vSphere snapshots. You can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to process these VMs in the regular data processing mode. To do this, enable the Failover to standard backup option in job settings.
- Disks of a processed VM must be hosted on the same Cisco HyperFlex NFS store. If some VM disks are hosted on an NFS store other than the store where the VM configuration file resides, such VM will be processed in the regular backup mode.
- The Limit processed VM count per storage snapshots to N option is not applicable to Cisco HyperFlex since snapshots for VMs hosted on Cisco HyperFlex are created at the VM level, not volume level.