Application Item Restore from Storage Snapshots
Veeam Backup & Replication integrates with Veeam Explorers to let you restore items from the following applications:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft SQL Server
When you perform application item restore, Veeam Backup & Replication automatically extracts the application databases from a storage snapshot and opens them in Veeam Explorer.
As part of this procedure, Veeam Backup & Replication performs the following actions:
- Veeam Backup & Replication creates a clone/virtual copy of a storage snapshot and mounts the clone/virtual copy to an ESXi host.
- Veeam Backup & Replication accesses the configuration file of the virtualized application server (VMX) on the snapshot clone/virtual copy and uses this configuration file to register a temporary VM on the ESXi host.
- Veeam Backup & Replication mounts disks of the application server to the temporary VM.
- Veeam Backup & Replication locates the application databases and opens them in Veeam Explorer.
Before you restore application items from a storage snapshot, check prerequisites.
Before you start restoring application items with Veeam Explorer, extract application databases from the storage snapshot.
After you extract the application databases, you can proceed to the restore process in Veeam Explorer. To learn more about application item restore, see the following sections in Veeam Explorers User Guide:
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Active Directory
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint