Prerequisites for API Integrated Systems
[For VMware, Veeam Agent integration] Before you add storage systems to Veeam Backup & Replication, check the following prerequisites:
- You must install the storage system plug-in. For more information, see Installing Storage System Plug-Ins.
- For Fujitsu ETERNUS storage systems, you must obtain and install the Veeam Storage Integration license on the storage system.
The Veeam Storage Integration license is free of charge. You can obtain the license from the Fujitsu website.
- Fujitsu ETERNUS storage plug-in will not work with FIPS policy enabled on the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- For Tintri IntelliFlash (formerly Western Digital IntelliFlash, Tegile) storage systems, make sure that multiple proxy servers are not part of a single Initiator Group object.
- For DataCore storage plug-in, you must not use commas in the password for the account that you plan to use to access the storage.
- [For VMware integration] For Huawei storage plug-in, adding the storage as a specific vStore is supported over NFS only.
To learn prerequisites for other API integrated systems, see the following Veeam KB articles:
- Veeam KB article 4200 on Dell PowerMax limitations
- Veeam KB article 4191 on Hitachi VSP limitations
- Veeam KB article 4194 on HPE XP limitations